NEW OBSESSION ALERT: If you have not tried these energy bites, you need to right away! These low-cost, quick, easy and tasty energy bites are bound to be your next favourite pre and post workout snack. With just a few simple ingredients you’ll feel energized and ready to take on anything that comes your way.
Tip: if you really want to go the extra mile you can add some protein to step up the energy bites game (you’re welcome).
- 1 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1 scoop of Whey or Isolate Protein (optional)
- Mix wet ingredients into a medium sized bowl (honey, peanut butter and vanilla)
- Add and mix in dry ingredients
- Dampen your hands and begin to roll the ingredients into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet. Shape into about 25 balls using a tablespoon cookie scoop.
- Place in fridge to chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour